You've created terrific content for your webpage and you're ready to share it with the world. This is great, but how do you get your content found by your target audience? The key to having your content found is through optimization. Optimizing your page allows for search engine users to find the content that is most relevant to them and gets your content seen. Here are four helpful steps to optimizing your webpage.
1. Optimize your page around a primary keyword. Simply put, be sure that your keyword fits a description of what the page is all about. This allows search engines to understand the purpose of the page. Incorporate the keyword into the following parts of the webpage:
- Page title and URL
- Body, headers and image alt-text
- Meta description
2. Include relevant links to content. Linking to reliable sources that are relevant to the content of your page helps build the trustworthiness of your page, in turn increasing the optimization of your page. Make sure to link to both internal pages and external sites. Linking to external sites increases the credibility of your page.
3. Promote a good user experience. Search engines factor in page usability and experience when ranking search results. Make sure your site is intuitive and users can easily find what they are looking for. This is not just important for optimization but also for general positive user experience.
4. Optimize your page for mobile. Over 80% of internet users own a smartphone and this is where they do most of their online searching. Search engines consider mobile optimized sites when ranking pages.
Improved optimization will increase the number of people clicking through to your page. Optimize your page, publish your content and let the visitors roll in!
To learn more about how IGPR can help you optimize your webpage, contact us today or request a free consultation.